Use #HYOC2020 and #HertsCreativeCalendar to share your ideas with the county’s creative community.
To find out about the exciting events in your local area visit www.creativehertfordshire.com and their What’s On section.
Also known as HYOC2020, Hertfordshire Year of Culture 2020 is a year to showcase Hertfordshire as a county of creative and cultural opportunity.
Hertfordshire Year of Culture 2020 (HYOC2020) is a year to showcase Hertfordshire as a county of creative and cultural opportunity; for that purpose, five broad objectives have been identified to support the year:
1. Celebrate, share and explore Hertfordshire’s arts, culture and heritage
2. Enable access and participation in arts, culture and heritage for new audience
3. Increase wellbeing and a sense of belonging through arts, culture and heritage
4. Showcasing pathways to education, employability and enterprise in the creative and cultural industries in Hertfordshire
5. Create new partnerships and new work through skill sharing and new ways of working together
What you will see in 2020
· A collaborative, high profile promotional campaign for existing cultural activity across Hertfordshire
· 12 themed months, with core activity co-ordinated by a lead agency
· Key dates to draw together delivery partners countywide
· ‘Special Experiences’ added to both current opportunities and new activities
· New partnerships and skill sharing between organisations and practitioners, creating new activity locally.
The year is split into 12 themed months:
January – Try Something New
February – Skills Development and Volunteering
March – Access the Arts Go
April – Go Somewhere Local
May – The Big Outdoors
June – Big Ideas
July – Cultural Olympiad
August – Families and Friends
September – Heritage and History / Meet the Maker
October – Be Inspired / Get Back Into
November – Creative Minds and Creative Industries
December – Celebrate and Illuminate
Who do I contact for more information?
If you would like to get involved, please contact the Project Co-ordinator Liz Gore on 020 8207 7801 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.