Get stuck into ticking things off our Watford bucket list – it is a list of things to do for whoever finds themselves in Watford. Get inspired and enjoy the best of the best that our town has to offer! Do you wish to let us know about any exciting ideas of yours to be included? Then just post it on social media and use the hashtag #WatfordBucketList.
1. Go shopping at intu shopping centre.
2. Take a selfie under the Lion King Tree at Cassiobury Park.
3. Go on a boat ride at the Grand Canal Union and live an amazing experience to remember.
4. A day of culture at the Watford Museum and the Watford Fire Museum.
5. Find the pretty hidden spots and street art around town.
6. Get lost in Harrocks Wood and enjoy nature and spectacular landscapes.
7. Enjoy a day in nature and farm animals at Cassiobury Farm.
8. Solve the clues and discover a way out at Watford’s Breakout Rooms.
9. Cheat Day and desserts from the ultimate dessert heaven “Creams – Watford” go together.
10. Let your hair down at the town’s oldest nightclub, Pryzm.
11. Have a relaxing early evening cocktail at The Florist.
12. Taste delicious Italian cuisine at Watford’s local Italian restaurant, Zinco.
13. Affordable beer means drinking games with your mates at The Moon Under Water, one of the town’s oldest pubs.
14. Get adventurous on a day out in Whippendell Wood, 165 acres of ancient woodland and believed to be more than 400 years old.
15. Play a round of golf at one of the exceptional courses in Watford.
16. Watch a stand-up, a musical show or a concert at the Watford Colosseum.
17. Grab your basket and a red tablecloth and ready for a Sunday picnic at Cassiobury Park, one of the Nation’s Top Ten parks.
18. Rest at one of the benches outside St Mary’s Church and use the relaxing, ancient scenery to destress.
19. Have afternoon tea and cake at The Grove looking out over the gorgeous countryside views.
20. Listen to some relaxing Jazz performed by international artists at the Pump House Theatre.
21. Sample some freshly brewed coffee at Watford’s finest independent coffee shops along the High Street.
22. Aim for three strikes in a row on an evening’s bowling at the Hollywood Bowl at intu Watford.
23. Discover some of Watford’s oldest and quaintest pubs.
24. Experience shopping in an unusual, two-floor space and enjoy delicious food at the Watford Market.
25. Enjoy tabletop gaming and hang-out with like-minded people at D20 Board Game Café. Make sure you pop in and play a board game, enjoy their locally roasted coffee, and try one of the locally brewed craft beers.
26. Laser Planet is a new concept in laser tag gaming, adding a hi-end feel and experience to a very popular game. You can take part in a team mission or a free-for-all mission, just make sure you get the highest score!
27. The charming railway full of huff and puff opened in Easter of 1959 and as you climb aboard the miniature train, a woodland adventure awaits. Train enthusiasts and families can enjoy a seven minute ride which meanders through the park woodland, criss-crossing several lines before returning to the terminus beside the Grand Union Canal.
28. Get around Watford on two wheels and help make streets greener and cleaner. Beat the traffic on the way to the football, take a breather in beautiful Cassiobury Park or join in with one of the many events in the town centre.
29. With over 5 action packed game zones, you can be sure to be immersed in the experience and have a fantastic day out, at Paintballing Ltd.
30. Designed by local young riders, Derby Road Skate Park boasts a 1,300 square metre site with a nice variety of concrete obstacles, on a mixture of concrete and tarmac, to tackle laid out in three main sections. Ready for that?