A PizzaExpress classic!
Finally, they’ve released the recipe for you to cook their infamous PizzaExpress dough balls at home; also known as the ultimate ‘crowd pleaser’! Have a go at making these tasty treats and satisfy your cravings in the comfort of your own kitchen!
Cook your favourite Foodie Friday recipe and remember to share photos or videos of your creations on social media, using the hashtag #visitwatford.
150ml warm water – roughly 27 degrees
1 tsp of sugar
15g fresh yeast or 2 level tsp of dry yeast
225g of plain flour (plus extra for working)
1.5 tsp of salt
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 tsp of butter
1/2 tsp of chopped garlic
- Add the sugar and crumble the fresh yeast into warm water.
- Allow the mixture to stand for 10-15 minutes in a warm place (we find a windowsill on a sunny day works best) until froth develops on the surface.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl, make a well in the middle and pour in the yeast mixture and olive oil.
- Lightly flour your hands, and slowly mix the ingredients together until they bind. Generously dust your surface with flour.
- Throw down the dough and begin kneading for 10 minutes until smooth, silky and soft.
- Leave the dough to rest until soft to the touch but not too springy – about 15 mins.
Preheat oven to 230°C.
- Then, it’s ready to roll. Roll dough into one long 1.2m tube. Chop into 16 chunks and place in an ovenproof pan. Leave Dough Balls to rest in pan for 30 mins then bake in the oven for 6 minutes until golden.
- Now for the garlic butter. Mix 4 heaped teaspoons of butter with 1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy…. and share with @pizzaexpress.
More PizzaExpress recipes can be found HERE.