Bookings are now open for the paddling pools in Cassiobury Park to help manage the facility during peak times, thanks to the new booking app created by Everyone Active and Watford Borough Council.
The bookings will run in one hour play slots, limited to 270 people at one time (including parents and guardians), and will be bookable for the following entry times – 10am, 11.30am, 1pm, 2.30pm, 4pm and 5.30pm. Every two hours, the paddling pools will be deep-cleaned for 30 minutes by staff.
In order to pre-book, park-visitors will need to register an account with Everyone Active at everyoneactive.com/mobile-app in order to get a member ID and Pin Number. Bookings can be made via the Everyone Active app and website via everyoneactive.com/centre/cassiobury-park-paddling-pools. Instructions for the app can be found below:
- Download the Everyone Active App
- Select your home centre. This can be done by selecting the three lines at the top left-hand side of the screen. Select “My Clubs” and click the ‘+’ in the top right-hand corner to search for ‘Cassiobury Park Paddling Pools’
- Click the icon “Courses & Lessons”.
- Choose the time you wish to book your session for
- When the option to book is selected, you will be prompted to login if you haven’t already
- If you do not know your login credentials, please select ‘forgotten my password’
- Review your booking details and tap the green “BOOK” button to confirm your reservation
People are encouraged not to book back to back slots, otherwise children and families wanting to use the facility might not be accommodated. If you book back to back sessions you will still be required to exit upon the ‘time up’ whistle and will be refused entry on to the next session.
Elected Mayor of Watford, Peter Taylor said: “We recognise how important parks are for people’s daily exercise and general wellbeing, including the ever-popular paddling pools in Cassiobury Park. Listening to resident’s feedback over the last few months regarding a booking system, I’m glad we now have this facility in place to manage the splash park during peak times, and to help ensure that everyone in the community has equal opportunity to visit the pools.
“If you’re planning to visit over the next few months, be sure to check whether to book in advance, especially if visiting at weekends or during the holidays.”
For more information on how to visit Watford’s parks safely and their facilities, please visit www.watford.gov.uk/parks