Type: Office, Light industrial, Commercial, Residential
Sectors: Finance and professional, Business services, Creative, Digital, Technology, Research and Development, Residential
Watford Junction is one of the key development opportunity hubs within the M25. Located close to Watford town centre and with a major transport interchange at its core, this 19-hectare site is less than 20 minutes from central London.
The scale and potential of the opportunity has attracted the attention of a number of Government departments and agencies as well as significant developer interest.
During 2019 a Watford Junction Masterplan will be finalised setting out the vision for a vibrant mixed-use neighbourhood and gateway to Watford with its own strong identity as a place to live, enjoy, do business, travel and invest.
The development opportunity has been divided into 28 plots which when combined are expected to result in:
- Up to 2,777 new homes
- Two 2-form entry primary schools
- Up to 75,000m2 of employment space, including a new hotel
- Up to 7,000m2 of active ground floor uses comprising retail and community, including medical and child nursery provision
- A new and improved train station and public pedestrian concourse and bridge which will improve movement across the site and create a brand new entrance and access to the station complex
- A high-quality public realm of distinction including streets and public open spaces
“Watford deserves a station fit for the 21st century and our plans will deliver this. We must make sure we have the right infrastructure in place for our town to grow and upgrading our main station, delivering a new bus interchange and better pedestrian routes across the town are critical to get right before we start development. At the same time we are transforming what is, overall, a run down and under used site into a vibrant hub for people to live and work.”
Peter Taylor – Elected Mayor of Watford